Monday, September 23, 2013

It's a Despicable Party!!

WARNING***The formatting/spacing on this blog post is super weird...Blogger is totally irritating me right now!!!  Lame...blogger, LAME.

Carlie turned NINE this past Thursday. 
 On Saturday we had a BIG Despicable Party for her and 10 of her super, duper fun friends.  Thank goodness my sister and sister in law Michelle (they both are named Michelle & they are both are CRAZY talented party planners) just recently put on Despicable Me Parties for their kids.  They helped me so much and I stole lots of their ideas (and I had a few of my own).  I also need to thank my mother-in-law for her help with some of the food prep and my sister-in-law Annie for all her help Saturday morning.  These two awesome ladies TOTALLY saved me (I still am physically not back & truly needed some help)
I truly LOVE putting on parties for my kids.  






























On the left are the Jelly Jar gifts for all the minions at the party.   In the middle are the minion popcorn bags for the minions to eat while they watched the Minion Madness Shorts (too bad I forgot to give them the popcorn during the movie...oooops).  On the right you have the Minion push pop Twinkies.

 I am in LOVE with the Shrink Rays, Shrunken Moon Pops, and Minion-ade.  If you haven't seen Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2 you are just not going to understand all my clever party food and decorations.
Of course we had to have food from Salsa y Salsa Restaurante

 These girls are in BIG trouble......Box of Shame....he.he.he

 Hanging Minions

We then had a Annoying Sound Contest.....be happy I did NOT record this.  
My ear drums were ringing for hours afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Next, we played Minion Musical Chairs (I used music from the movie soundtracks)


I have a bunch of videos....here are the first two of these cuties dancing around.



Ladies all cozy upstairs watching Minion Madness (too bad I forgot their popcorn)



Had to do a craft with my super crafty lady Carlie.  Besides a few glue in the hair mishaps I thought the girls were super creative and they had such a great time creating, and chatting, and giggling




























She got a lot of fabulous presents!  What a lucky and spoiled girl to have such sweet friends :)












Cake Time!!!!!!!

The ladies leaving with all their loot....check out their hats!

































 Got to have CRAZY, FUNNY face pictures!!  It is a requirement in my book.
Close ups of the Jelly Jars....Eat JELLY, you purple freaks!


Berkeley came home (thank you Becky for watching him during the party...you are a lifesaver)so Berk and Carlie invited their neighborhood buddies over to play.  They went crazy with the craft supplies and leftover food and candy.  It was a pretty fantastic after party :-)
































I LOVE my Carlie!!!!!!!!!  Happy birthday sweet. sweet girl.
Mamma loves you!



6 comments:

  1. So beautiful and funny party! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stuff! Do you sell the documents for the food labels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't sell them, but I could email them to you if you would like.

      Delete
  3. Would you mind emailing me the food labels as well? So cute! Thanks!
    wildchildofmine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hello, wonderful party! I would greatly appreciate it if you could share the food labels with me. Thank you so much. My email is slondono@atsu.edu

    July 29, 2014 at 5:44 PM

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!