Thursday, September 12, 2013

What a Year...Oh My

It has been a little over a year since my breast cancer journey began.  It has been a crazy difficult year full of ups and downs (well, let's be honest, mostly downs).
So here is my year in review....

  • Stage 2b, Her 2-, Estrogen+ breast cancer diagnosis.....pathology report indicates very aggressive form
  • 3 mammograms
  • 1 surgical biopsy
  • 1 huge hematoma
  • 5 surgeries 
    •  mastectomy w/ lymph node dissection
    •  port insertion
    •  port removal
    •  lat flap/expander
    •  expander swap
  • 4 C-T Scans
  • 2 PET scans
  • 4 x-rays
  • 8 doses of chemotherapy (poison)
  • lost ALL my hair
  • a wig, LOTS of hats, scarves, a breast inserts
  • bi-lateral pulmonary embolism with a hospital stay
  • approximately 200 shots in the belly (self-administered)
  • 6 drains
  • countless medications 
  • a new heart condition
  • 4 echocardiograms
  • 2 scary emergency room visits
  • decision to not do radiation
  • so many blood draws
  • 2 horrific rashes on my surgical site
  • MRSA infection
  • felt more awful than I ever have in my entire life
  • my body is weaker than ever before
  • 25 pound weight gain...then 35 pound weight loss
  • a ridiculous amount of doctor's visits
Nice list of negatives....so here are a few positives
  • I am alive
  • I went on a fantastic trip to California with my family before I started feeling awful
  • I have an extremely supportive family and fabulous group of friends
  • I have a new perspective on life
  • My prayers were answered countless times
  • I am alive
Peace out.....
The 1.4 Boob Wonder

2 comments:

  1. Geesh girl...you have had QUITE a year!! And I must say you are still as inspirational as ever despite all the crud you went through. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! I can't believe everything you've been through! you definitely deserve a break! you are amazing though for being so positive. you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!