Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Sister Surprises, Hospice, Concert, & Swimming....Keeping Busy

I am going to start of by saying, "I AM EXHAUSTED!"  My body is killing me.  I say this because I know that after you read what I have been up to you are going to think I am Wonder Woman (well I kinda am, but that is because of my smoking' hot bod and & amazing acting skills).  But, Wonder Woman with super energy and strength - no way.  But, I am doing the best I can.
     My sister just decided to drive up Tuesday morning (yesterday) for a surprise visit (8 hour drive & she has 6 kids that she had to arrange care for to leave them behind - ok....she is the real Super Woman.)  Anyways, she shows up and takes me and my two Missoula buddies to the Phillip Phillips, Matt Nathanson, and Eric Hutchinson.  I really wasn't that excited to see these guys - didn't know their music.  Come on, an American Idol winner, how cheesy.   We will just forget that I watched American Ido religiously the first 8 or so seasons.  DOn't tell anyone!   BUT,  I was excited to go see some live music with some of my favorite people.  I am all about live music and some jamming.  WOW, was I pleasantly surprised.  All three of them were AMAZING & let's just say easy on the eyes (that never hurts).  The best part is my favorite was the opener Eric Hutchinson (still love me the unknown).  He had such a groove and vibe to him.  Then Matt Nathanson was hilarious....such amazing rapport with the audience.  And HELLO they played a tribute to Prince so I had to dance & then they kept playing rad songs so therefore I had to dance some more.  I kept my super sweet stylings mellow though so I wouldn't hurt myself.  Then, gee whiz the American Idol kid.  Dang it I have to admit that boy can rock it and has some serious song writing skills. I even found a song that must be played at my wake.  yeah I know mormons don't really have wakes, but this girl is.  There must be a party with delicious food, laughing, and music - OR ELSE!!! 

 

 



 

 


Today I met with some of my adorable hospice team and the chaplain (can't call him adorable, but he was extremely nice and insightful).  They have me set up with a 2 wheelchairs, NEW sleeping medicine, higher pain patch dosage plan, told me my oncologist (I LOVE her) wants to stay involved in my medical care as much as possible, a better pharmacy that DELIVERS!.....etc....etc.....etc....  We also told them how we (my sister....girl crew) wanted to go to San Diego on Sunday, but we were worried about being so far away from my medical care team.  So we were looking for something closer.  They told us we were crazy and that we needed to go to San Diego.  They told us they would set it all up for us....explained that they do the same thing for hospice patients that visit Montana.  They would call the closest Hospice center to us in San Diego and have them meet us at the airport with a wheelchair and anything else we need.  My hospice people would give them my records (with my permission of course) and be prepared to treat and take care of me in San Diego for all little or big problems.  WOW!!!!!!!!!!  I had no idea they did this.  So AWESOME!  I feel blessed.  I was perfectly happy to go anywhere with a beach, BUT hello San Diego - keepin' it real.....it's The Hotel del Coronado - DREAMY -  DREAMY -  DREAMY........ I can't believe it.

Let's just say my sister is the bomb.com

     So I woke up this morning and I wasn't sore from my dancing and my sleeping pills worked GREAT!!!!  How cool is that.  Carlie had a great morning of Orchestra camp (she is getting so good) & Berkeley is progressing in swim class.  My sister & I took the kids swimming at Splash Montana this afternoon.  It is a great local water park with 3 slides, a lazy river, and a huge baby pool, kids pool, and old school lap pool.  Wore the kids and the moms out & have been home ever since relaxing.  



















Some AMAZING women from my church also brought over the yummiest quinoa enchiladas for dinner (they are such thoughtful and fantastic ladies...and man can they cook).
I had some horrific pain on Monday night, but since then I have had  it under control for the most part.  I am not saying there is no pain, I just have kept it at a 5 or below.
I am feeling blessed that I have such wonderful friends and family that are going out of their way to serve me, entertain me, nurture my family, etc.  Some of them are doing HUGE outwardly noticeable things and some are doing behind the scenes things that I only notice.  I am so beyond thankful for IT ALL.  I know that my last few months on this earth that people are going to bust their butts to make me as comfortable and happy as possible.  How much better can it get in this crappy of all crap-ola circumstance?  
I am blessed.

Peace Out!
Gina the Awesome


5 comments:

  1. You are awesome! And that sister of yours pretty much rocks it too. I'm so glad you're getting set up w/support in San Diego. Have a great time! Much love -- Kryss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most awesome blog post I've ever read. I have tears flowing down my blubbery cheeks as I speak. I am positively overcome by the goodness of the people you know up there. That Hospice group is unbelievable! My experience five years ago with my dad was a different story. But I can see why they want to do everything they can for you. YOU are positively inspiring!!! I'm so thankful I know you. Whether you know it or not, all of us who have had the opportunity to know you are being taught, daily, by your positive attitude and happy countenance. Oh, that I could be just like you as I have my dumb days of silly rheumatoid arthritis. Boo hoo. You are an angel to all of us, Gina. How I wish I could look in your eyes and tell you how much I love you. You are a blessing to me every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you, give Michelle a hug from me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved my bracelets!!! They are gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  4. Gina just seeing your smile makes me happy! So glad you're having fun and your sister is the bomb. Enjoy the beautiful beach in San Diego!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!