Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cancer News

Hooray!
It is fantastic news. I went to my oncologist today and he said the scans came back free and clear. He said it so matter of fact, like it was so expected. I told him I had been super nervous and he said he would have been shocked if I had another tumor. He said the reoccurance rate of GIST on Gleevec is about 10%. I told him I figured knowing my luck lately I would have
been in that 10% group.
So everyone can breathe a sigh of relief for now. He only wants to see me every other month now since I am doing so well and we will do another scan in 6 months.
So here's to SIX MONTHS CANCER FREE!!!!!!
Now it is time to concentrate on losing all the extra post surgery & baby belly weight
(after I finish my celebratory Chocolate Heath Bar Blizzard)!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. I've been checking and wondering so it was a great relief to see your post. Lots of prayers have been answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! What wonderful news! I'm so happy you posted today - what a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already told you this but YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you (and your family). I say enjoy this weekend and start working on the weight next week - enjoy the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo!!! It looks like your turning over the good luck leaf ;) Enjoy that blizzard (it sounds delicious)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOORAY! I am so happy for your clean bill of health! What a lovely spring this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That is the best news ever and what a relief! My family and I have been thinking about you! Good to know that everything is going well!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!