Sunday, February 15, 2009

Nervous

Tomorrow morning at 8 AM I am going to the hospital for a CT scan, chest x-ray, and blood work. It has been a little over 6 months since they found my watermelon sized GIST tumor in my abdomen and my life changed. My oncologist said he would be surprised if I had any tumors, but I am still nervous. I feel absolutely blessed that I have had this "cancer" experience. It has taught me to appreciate every single day I am on this earth, to enjoy every minute I have with my beautiful children and hubby, and to rely more fully on the power of my Heavenly Father and my Savior, Jesus Christ to help me through my struggles.
So here is to a week that is either going to be FANTASTIC or EXTREMELY CRAPPY - let's pray it is fantastic.....

5 comments:

  1. Good luck! I expect a phone call as soon as you get out (and talk to mom)! Our thoughts and prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow! I hope everything goes smoothly!!
    P.S.-Your background is very springy and cute. Your kids are even cuter! Berkeley looks so much like Corey! Lucky kids with those big blue eyes!!
    Again...good luck tomorrow. You are in my prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Gina. I think you've proven this last year that you can get through anything, whatever the news. We'll be praying for you. I'd be nervous too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how I'd sleep tonight knowing the uncertainty of tomorrow. But like what Amy said, you, of all people, are so strong and I'm sure whatever the news, you'll be able to get through it. Hopefully it's just happy news and all that cancer garbage is behind you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!