Monday, February 1, 2010

My Daddy

Today is my dad's birthday. What should be a day of birthday cakes and yelling yeh-hah at the end of the happy birthday song is a day of sadness and remembrance. My dad would have been 64 years old today. He was the most amazing man I have ever known and can hardly wait until I see him again. So here is a tribute to my father from his younger days, because he was always young at heart.


Look at that smile!!

on his mission in South Africa...now he is on a mission in heaven

Posted by PicasaHe LOVED to fish. I have wonderful memories of stream fishing in the
White Mountains with my daddy....
STUPID CANCER!!
This is also a reminder to me to scan all my childhood pictures....all of my pics of my dad were before the age of digital cameras.

3 comments:

  1. Way to make me cry! I remembered it was his birthday a few days ago but totally spaced it today - I suck! I love those pictures. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your blog is letting me comment - usually it hates me and won't publish my comments :)

    Thanks so much for posting these pictures. I showed the kids and we were able to have a long talk about their grandpa. It was neat for Spencer to see him so young. He was especially interested in the mission photo and stories of his mission. I told your mom how neat it is that a righteous choice that your dad made when he was 19 is influencing his grandchildren today even though he is not here physically.

    Can't wait to see you in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful man, I still think of him often. I know he is so proud of his family. Thanks the the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!