Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Seagulls, Sea Lions, & Smelt...Oh My!!

 We live right along the Cowlitz River in Kelso, Washington.  Every year the smelt come from the Pacific Ocean to the Cowlitz River to spawn.  When the spawn come of course the Seagulls, Sea Lions, and Seals follow.  It was so much fun to watch the thousands of seagulls dive for fish and the sea lions swimming among them.  The kids and I stopped everyday for a week to watch them....what fun adventures along the river!!!  There also is several bald eagles living along the river right now....they are so amazing to observe.  I love that there is so much wildlife right outside my door.  I never got great pictures of the sea lions and seals, but I tried.  I really think I need to invest in a new lens!!
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!