Monday, January 14, 2013

Part 3: The Beach



After 4 full days at Disneyland and California Adventure we were SO TIRED!!!!!!!!  We left Disneyland Saturday evening and headed to Santa Barbara to spend more time with the Nerdins.  We spent about 24 hours with them....NOT ENOUGH TIME.....especially since I crashed out Saturday night and didn't wake up until Sunday afternoon.  I had pushed my crippled body to the point of complete shut-down.  We did have some good laughs (as per usual...nothing quite as funny as when Corey & Matt are together)....and great food (as per usual - Karen is a rocking cook).  Corey, Carlie, & Berkeley got to go to church with them on Sunday while their pitiful mom slept the day away.
Sunday evening we headed out for Newport Beach.  Corey had a business conference that started Monday morning.  We were lucky enough to tag along :)
Monday while Corey was in business meeting all day the kids and I got to play.  We 
woke up, went to Rose Bakery Cafe and ate some AMAZING food.....fuel for the beach.  We then spent the day relaxing and playing at Corona del Mar Beach.  We were so lucky and the weather was AMAZING!!!  Both days at the beach were in the  80's in October - can you say PERFECT?!?!?!








 Each day after the beach we would come back to the hotel and the kids would play at the pool while I lounged in the most comfy lounge chairs and read a book and wait for Corey to be done with his conference.....my kind of heaven.
 Monday night we went to Ruby's Diner.  
I LOVE diner food and Ruby's was extra super delicious and fun for the kids.
 On Tuesday Corey had a break and we went to Newport Beach for awhile.  
What a fun day playing in the surf and sand.



On Wednesday we spent the day driving up the coast, checking out Huntington Beach and then up to Hollywood and Beverly Hills.  We flew home Wednesday evening so I could be home in time for my surgery the next day.
This is the last post of our California vacation.  I feel so blessed that we were able to go on this trip.  It is wonderful to have these great memories while I am fighting yet another battle against NASTY CANCER.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!