Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Last Day of Chemotherapy

Today is my last day of chemo....it does not seem real.  Just when I thought it would never end, it has.  I am pretty excited that after the next two weeks I should start feeling like myself again - HOORAY!!!!  It is wonderful to be done with one of the nastiest steps in my breast cancer journey.
My husband for the past 7 treatments took off work and hung out with me the whole time.  Unfortunately he is home sick today and I am on my own.  He is so sick that he has quarantined himself the past few days so I would not get his nasty bug....what a great guy - love him :)
I know that laying around for the past 6 months has made me EXTREMELY OUT OF SHAPE and SUPER WEAK.  It will be extremely difficult to get my strength back due to my scoliosis and arthritis,
 but I CAN DO IT!!!
   I turn 42 in about 2 weeks and feel very blessed to get a birthday present of no more chemo.
Now I move on to hormone therapy, radiation (to do or not to do), more tests, figuring out my blood thinning regiment, and reconstruction surgeries..........
the fight will go on!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I love you, my power pinky-footed amiga! Can't wait to play with you and celebrate our 42nd's this year together. :) {Hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! The hardest part is now going too be over! Get strong and healthy again now! It will take some time but you are awesome and can do anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! The hardest part is now going too be over! Get strong and healthy again now! It will take some time but you are awesome and can do anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations again! if I have to do chemo I will just keep reading this post over and over thinking some day I will be done! Good luck with the rest of the fight!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!