Tuesday, July 5, 2016

San Diego - Let the Fun Begin

I took at least one million pictures on our San Diego trip.   Instead of dumping them all here in the blog post (that would) take FOREVER!!!  I am going to drop them in an app I really like call Moments.  I will also try to put a few hundred favorites :) of them right here in Facebook for the electronically challenged.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        This would be a very, large post.  I am going to break it up over the next several days.  I had such a wonderful time San Diego even though we had some yucky setbacks.
   My sister somehow arranged for us to get a beautiful room at the Hotel Del Coronado that walked directly out onto the glorious beach.  This girl spared no expensive.  She did get my sister in law Mitchell and her dad Ernie (the smoozers of all smoozers) to call down to the hotel to see if we could get even a better deal by playing the cancer card. It was pretty amazing. So now we got much better rooms for less cost than the cheaper rooms would have been.  AND we now had the head of security and personal on our side checkin in on us.                                                                                                                                                                    
  We did decide to go to San Diego that day(booked on Thursday - left on Sunday, came back on Thursday.  It was a fast a furious trip.  We were able to get two of my sister-in-laws to come with us too.  Mitchell drove in from Arizona (long story: air conditioner broke, spent 5 hours in Yuma, AZ (arm-pit of AZ) getting it fixed by Pep Boys (or so we though so)**************AVOID THIS CHAIN AT ALL COSTS!!!!  Pep Boys, Mini, Moe, and SUCK. They lie, cheat, and steal, and then ultimately don't fix a thing.  Seriously, no joke.  Pep Boys is a joke.  Kim was a little more lucky in her travel plans she found a pretty decent last plane ticket and came up a day early to hang out with her friend.  Michelle and I used Ed's mileage (that man flies A LOT) and landed in San Diego Sunday morning.  We were so lucky that my cousin Brad, his wife Katie, and their new baby boy,Walter came to pick us up from the airport and then took us out to crepes for brunch- Brad's treat.  How awesome!  They took us to the hotel to get settled in.  I was only 10 am so the rooms we wanted were not ready so the hotel staff set us up in a room to hang out in and eat while we waited for a more suitable room.  It was so nice and thoughtful, because I was exhausted and my feet and ankles were totally swollen and needed to be elevated. This trip was VERY last minute which made it even more expensive.   I can't believe that my sister made it happen.  I always dreamt of staying in this historical hotel.
   While we rested and waited for Kim and Mitchell we made some plans to meet up for dinner with my old college roommate Joanna Brooks at a local Mexican food place.  Not only was I stoked to get real Mexican food (it doesn't exist in Montana).  But, I was going to see one of all time best friends. :)
While we were waiting we decided to go get some ice cream at the hotel's cute little shop.  YIKES!!  I expected it to be expensive, but holy cow.  I tried a bunch of ice cream flavors and they were all BLAH.  Then I tried the pineapple sorbet....it was decent., so One TINY cup of sorbet (seriously about 5 bites) costs 8 bucks.  Let's just say I found better places on my trip to get my ice cream fix...for sure after that.
   Finally, our rooms were ready.  We had a choice of a 4th floor Jr. penthouse suite in the original part of the hotel OR a room on the back of the hotel that you literally walked out your back porch on to the boardwalk and beach.  Guess which one this beach bum picked.  That beach air was thrilling.  I am to the point in my body deterioration that I CAN'T go very far without wheelchair.  It is so pitiful and I can but only walk for or short distances with my cane. 
   After Kim and Mitchell (FINALLY) showed up we had Joaanna pick us and take us to a super fun mexi place across the street.  It was super yummy and vibrant and I totally pigged out.  The best part probably is she brought her 10 and 12 year daughters with their with their beautiful freckled faces, jokes, singing, and dancing.  They were glorious. They were definitently the life the party. So hilarious.  I insistently feel in love with them.  After laughing so hard and eating too much we made out was back to the hotel room. What a fun night - THANK YOU Brooks GALS!!!!!!!!
Peace Out!!!!
Gina the Awesome



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!