Sunday, October 12, 2008

It is Amazing! I am Loving My New Insurance Company!

Well I have some fantastic news. The state of Oregon made us (all the school districts) join a new insurance company and coverage started October 1st ( I was pretty annoyed about this because I liked my insurance company). I called this new company on Friday and talked to someone who could actually answer my questions. My cancer drug Gleevec still costs $700 a month, BUT I have a $1,000 maximum out of pocket prescription drug benefit. So the first month I will pay $700, the 2nd month $300, and then for the rest of the year it will be FREE!! So it will be painful the 1st month, but it works out to be about 84 bucks a month! YEAH!!! So much better. You can't believe the relief I felt when I found this out. Truly an answer to prayer! My old insurance company did not have this benefit!
I also did some research on Gleevec. The patent on it runs out in 2012. This means there will be a generic in 2012 and on my insurance plan generic drugs are only 5 bucks! They already have a generic in use in India with great results!

5 comments:

  1. Oh thank heavens! I seriously think that is some of the best news EVER!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful!! We have been praying like crazy over here. I was getting ready to start raffling off some stuff to raise money for your meds.

    What a huge relief you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great news! My jaw dropped when I read you previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing! Seriously, great news!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!