Sunday, June 21, 2009

Adventure 1: Catherine Creek Hike

I decided to start a little summer adventure group to force me to take my kids on fun outings all summer long. So I made a list of things I wanted to do using a great book called "Kiddin' Around the Gorge" and made a weekly schedule for the summer. On our first outing we started off mellow by going on an easy hike on the Washington side of the gorge. The hike was Catherine Creek - a paved loop trail with breathtaking views of the Columbia River, cherry orchards, wildflowers, and Mt. Hood. It was perfect for little kids and strollers! After the hike we drove through Schreiner Farms. This is a farm that raises animals like: giraffes, zebras, camels, reindeer, llama, sheep, yak, bison, antelopes, etc. You can drive through the farm for free. It is like we have our own wildlife park in our backyard. I take the kids there every couple of weeks to see the animals. You should check out their great website:http://www.schreinerfarms.com/
Bactrian Camel

Damara Zebra
Kiddos Having Fun Seeing Their Animals

Reticulated Giraffes
Giraffes & Mt. Hood - spectacular!

The bitter end of wildflower season - I need to go on this hike again during the spring next year - I bet it is amazing!

Here is Berk getting mad that I would not let him out of the stroller
to climb down the hill like the big kids!

Sydney Helping Carlie Find Her Way Back!

Oh man I can't get enough of the views of Mt. Hood

The Case boys climbing down to Catherine Creek

Wildflowers Galore!!

Carlie & Sydney & Tyson - such a cute photo!


More Spectacular Views!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed that you are doing this. Your kids are going to love it. And I love that "farm" - where do you buy a giraffe anyways?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!