Sunday, November 22, 2009

Corey is Getting Old

For Corey's birthday last month I threw him a party. I slaved for two days to make a bunch of yummy mexican food and treats. Special shout out to Corey's mom for helping me with the food and watching my kids since Corey was out of town at a boy scout training. I made chicken, beef, pork (thanks Diane for the pork), & veggie chimis with fresh tomato salsa, black bean avocado salsa, pineapple salsa, and avocado ranch for dipping. I also made fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, chicken burros, three kinds of mini brownie cupcakes with cheescake frosting (plain, mint, & peanut butter), and of course a german chocolate cake. At the party we ate, played Cranium, Rock Band, and Ticket to Ride with family and friends. One of the funniest presents Corey got was from his dad; Bill & Hillary Clinton masks. I was so busy during the party that I forgot to get the cake out so we did the cake the next day - sorry party goers...you missed out, it was amazing. This year I went all out and bought Corey a laptop. My motives for the present were pretty selfish though...I was sick of him stealing my laptop!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! You went all out! I wish we lived closer and could have been there to help, eat all the yummy food - oh, and celebrate Corey's b-day! You did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that fancy food you made--looks yummy! Glad the old man had a good birthday. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!