Monday, November 16, 2009

Latest CAT Scan Results

I had a scan last Wednesday to make sure the cancer was not back. I have been having chest pain lately so my doctor moved up my next scan (I wasn't due for one until February) to be safe.
I was supposed to get the results last Thursday, but my doctor was out all last week with H1N1!! Pretty frustrating.
My doctor called today and here is the deal
1. I have a small growth on my thyroid - he says this is not uncommon for women my age, but he is scheduling an ultrasound to check it out. He thinks it is most likely a cyst.
2. I have a cyst (he thinks) on my liver. Apparently it was on the last scan, but he didn't tell me about it because it is small. But, it has grown a little since the last scan. He wants to keep an eye on it.
3. I have several small pockets of fluid in my pelvis (I knew about this - this is why my OB-Gyn did not want to do surgery on me)
4. I have a umbilical hernia
5. I am very deficient in vitamin D - starting prescription
6. Nothing in the scan points to why I am having chest pain so I need to go see my primary care and figure out if he thinks I should go to a cardiologist.

So nothing too terrible...most likely I am cancer free still going on 15 months! Scans are great and HORRIBLE. You can find out if you are cancer free, but you find out a bunch of other things that are most likely no biggie, BUT they could be something...Yikes! Oh well. I will worry when my doc says to worry.

1 comment:

  1. LOTS OF BLESSINGS ON ALL THAT! SCARY AND SATISFYING ALL IN ONE--WE THINK ABOUT YOU GUYS OFTEN! LOVE YOU, AUNT JOYCE AND UNCLE ED

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!