Monday, April 12, 2010

My Review of REI Halo +25 Sleeping Bag - Long

Originally submitted at REI

Winner of the "National Geographic Adventure" Best of Adventure Gear Award for 2009—the REI Halo +25 sleeping bag!


Not Impressed.

By Senor C from The Dalles, OR on 4/12/2010

 

1out of 5

Gift: No

Pros: Packs Small

Cons: Zipper Snags Easily, Leaks Down, Too Small / Tight

Describe Yourself: Casual/ Recreational

What Is Your Gear Style: Comfort Driven

I have had this bag for almost 1 year. I am 6'2", 215 lbs. As a Scoutmaster I get the opportunity to camp every month. Unfortunately, I have to sleep in this bag, and each campout gets progressively worse.

Here is what I dislike:
- Footbox is too narrow.
- Feels too short (I have the Long).
- Rating is incorrect. Should be a +35 or +40.
- Sheds feathers like a sieve. (It's like waking up in a chicken coop.)

I really wanted to like it, but it just has too many shortcomings.

(legalese)

1 comment:

  1. thanks for posting this. We've been looking for good sleeping bags for Spencer and Lance for scouting. We'll steer clear of this one. Any suggestions for bags you think might be good?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!