Friday, May 11, 2012

Beige is boring...I NEED color

If you have ever been to my old homes in The Dalles or AZ you know I like to paint my walls a bunch of random crazy colors.  I love my new home and I love that the walls are all a nice light beige color instead of starting with all white walls.  It is nice, BUT oh so BORING!!  I finally got fed up yesterday, hopped in the car and spontaneously bought a can of muted turquoise and painted an accent wall immediately.  I LOVE it.

 I forgot to take a before picture - this is the best I have.

I used for the first time the paint & primer in one - Brand: Valspar Signature Colors; color: POND (E843-3).  I was really hesitant because it is expensive.  BUT, oh my!!  I only had to paint one coat - TOTAL (with a few touch ups).  It was amazing.  Usually with a color this dark I would paint one coat of primer and one or two of the paint.  I am a fan now - you should try it.  It actually works out to be cheaper and a HUGE time saver!!!!!


Mid-Project - you can see my inspiration pillow in the lower left corner.

 LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!  This picture does not do it justice - guess you will just need to come visit me :)
I loved it so much I hung up some more pictures and decorations.
Now it is time to PAINT SOME MORE!!!!! hmmmm what will I do?

1 comment:

Please leave a comment!