Friday, May 4, 2012

Berkeley the FOUR Year Old...oh my

Today was Berkeley's Well-Child Check-Up for his 4th birthday. 
 Here is a picture I took of him in the waiting room when he was being
 sweet, quiet, and obedient (this definitely changed - stay tuned).
OK, so I uploaded three pictures...I couldn't decide which one was better,
 he is just that good looking :) 
 He INSISTED on wearing his Batman shirt today, but it was filthy
 so he settled on his
 Captain America shirt AND underwear (this will become important later).


Height: 40 inches (43rd percentile)
Weight: 35 lbs (42nd percentile)
WHAT???  Who is this kid??  I have a child that is smaller than the average 4 year old!  Have any of you met me or my daughter who is 7 years old and 5 foot tall and has NEVER even been on the growth charts!!!
It was wonderful to have the doctor tell me that he was a happy and healthy child.  Just as I was thinking, "Wow, Berkeley is being soooooo well behaved today.", he decided to dart out the door in his Captain America underwear & nothing else and proceed to run all throughout the pediatric clinic laughing LOUDLY.  He made it all the way to the waiting room and after chasing him in a few circles I caught up with him.  What a proud parenting moment. 
 We returned to the room and he was a maniac -  loud and crazy.  I finally settled him down while we were waiting for the nurse to come give him his shots by singing songs with him.
Then the sad part where he shrieked in pain from the shots...after the shots he limped out to the car - how sad.

Here is a glimpse into Berkeley's life:
He LOVES..
- fruit and hot dogs
- to say the word poop, poopy, and pee - OVER and OVER again.  He loves to replace nice words with these potty words.  For example, he loves to sing, "It's raining, it's pouring the old man is pooping on the roof."
-  to pick out his clothes.  Lately he has really been into basketball shorts, short sleeve "COOL" shirts, and his cowboy boots
-  to sing "I'm a boy,  I'm boy I'm proud to be me, yeah" (this is from Signing Times)
- to ride his bike & motorcycle (three wheeler that he insists is his motorcycle) & play with all the kids in the neighborhood
- to steal candy from mommy & daddy's stash
-to jump & climb - he is a little daredevil and he has the bumps and bruises to prove it
 -to have his mom fix his hair into his mo-hawk
-  when his dad calls him by the wrong name. When his dad does this he yells. "NO!!  I am BERK-E-LEY!!!!"
-  cartoons (I know - shocker)
- to play with and try to be like his friend Jake and his cousin Adan
- his mom - he follows me around all day.  He has started recently trying to "help" me do my chores.  It is pretty cute - usually :)
- to be tickled, to wrestle & play rough
- books!!  He loves to look at them, loves when mom & dad read to him, and especially when his big sister reads to him.  That is the coolest.
- trains, trucks, cars, helicopters, planes, dinosaurs, and basically any toy he can get a hold of.
- to play dress-up with his sister
- to dance around with his family 
- to be LOUD!! (I wonder where he gets that trait from?)
- to be silly
- to make people laugh (he is a clown - we are in trouble)
- his primary teacher Sister Drolette
- jump off everything
- playing on mommy and daddy's I-Phones or I-Pad
- when mommy works and he can play at the Poulsen's home
- juice boxes and fruit snacks

Berkeley is such an energetic little boy and I love him to pieces.  He brings such joy and happiness to my life.  Even though many days I have a hard time keeping up with him and being patient with him I wouldn't trade him for all the $$$ in the world.  He has my heart and soul...

3 comments:

  1. You have your hands full - but what a cute boy! Where did you get his cowboy boots? I need to get Brecken some so he will stop where his "blue cowboy boots" - his snow boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love it when your kids help in those "proud parent" moments? Years from now that would be a great story for his future wife!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cowboy boots are hand-me-downs from his cousin.
    Erin - it will make a great story for his future wife - good thinking!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!