Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Heart Seattle

 One VERY cool thing about Corey's new job is I can tag along with him on some of his business trips.  He travels all over Washington state for various conferences & meetings.   My mother-in-law even comes to my house and watches my kiddos for me.  Back in February I went to Seattle with Corey for 4 days.  We stayed in downtown Seattle at the Hotel 1000 - a super beautiful hotel.


 This pic doesn't do the amazing bathroom justice.  The big tub filled from above - so cool.  There was a glass wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom part of the hotel room that had an electronic shade you could lower for privacy.  It was so nifty.

 While Corey was in his exciting business meetings I wandered around Seattle.  Our hotel was only a few short blocks to Pikes Market.  I would go down there everyday and wander around the funky shops and booths & eat yummy treats.  We would also meet up for his lunch break - so many cool choices for food in Seattle!!!  I was also really close to lots of shopping.  It was so much fun to shop by myself without any kiddos.


 Every night we would meet up and go to some yummy restaurant.  This night we were seated on the 2nd floor balcony of an Asian fusion restaurant called Wild Ginger.  It was so delish.  They had such wonderful vegetarian choices for me, in fact they had a separate menu for vegetarians - how cool!!


Another evening we ate in the hotel restaurant - Boka Kitchen.  Below is a pic of my ridiculously good - gourmet veggie burger & truffle fries......oh I want to eat there again!!!


One of the best parts of the trip is my cousin Gavin & his fantastic wife & daughter came and picked me up & we went to breakfast at this dive diner.  I got the strawberry waffles...yum.  Gavin got this ridiculous 6 egg omelet - GOOO Gavin - it was ginormous!  It was really fun to meet up with them - they are amazing people & I love them.

Another evening we went to a gourmet pizza joint called Serious Pie.  Here is a pic of one of our pizzas I ordered.  Their pizzas were crazy good.

I wish I had took better pictures.  I am kinda random. 
I wish I had taken a picture of my hubby & I...oh well.
I am really looking forward to the Walla Walla trip this summer - I am taking the kids with me on this one.  AND best of all we are all going with him to his Newport Beach trip in October.  We are going to go early and visit Disneyland first - HOORAY!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. My best friend lives near Seattle and I want to go visit this summer...Rob says no but he doesn't realize how fun Seattle will be!!! And Walla Walla huh...I was born there and lived there till I was 9! My grandparents still live there and a few other family members. Funny that you are so excited! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh tell Rob is crazy - Seattle is an amazing city...so much to do.
    I don't know if I am excited for Walla Walla in particular, BUT I am excited for a free hotel room in super nice hotel. Also excited because the kids and I can go to the new water parks in tri-cities during the day while Corey is bored in his meetings.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!