Tuesday, May 21, 2013

CT Brings Great News

The results from my CT scan on Monday are in. 
 I discussed them with my oncologist yesterday and here is a summary.

  • There are no signs of pulmonary embolism.  The blood clots in my lungs are GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   My doctor told me to quit taking my blood thinners and to wait a few days and then start my Gleevec.  This of course means I called first thing this morning to schedule my first breast reconstruction surgery....I am anxiously waiting for a call back.  I am a planner...want to start planning.
  • I have some cyst like space-occupying lesions in my armpit area.  They are most likely post-surgical seromas.  These fluid containing structures are very common after a mastectomy.  
  •  Stable slightly irregular cyst like lesion in the left lobe of the liver....I have had this one for a few years.
  • A little bit of scarring in the lungs with a very slight amount of volume loss.  This is also common after a pulmonary embolism
  • Small nodule or nodules in right lobe of the thyroid gland. They found these a few years ago.  I had an ultrasound & they think they are cysts.
  • I asked him about the irregularity in my ribs from the PET scan and x-ray.  He told me that they see nothing on the CT.  This is great news....now I can relax a little :)
So overall, wonderful news.  It appears that I am 
CANCER FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tumblr_litol8dbhf1qfw5q3o1_500_large


I continue to heal and I am slowly getting my strength back.  Having really awful arthritis and scoliosis is making my recovery more difficult.  But, I have been walking every night (even when I am really tired and/or in pain) and have GREATLY reduced my food intake.  I gained about 25 pounds on chemotherapy...ya I know, kind of weird.  Most people lose weight.  not me, I always try to be different.  Anyways, I have lost 10 pounds so far....kind of proud of myself.  

BUT, I feel blessed that I get to have a recovery.  Cancer is a NASTY thing that takes people's lives every day.  It took me to some dark places, but I am here and I am a stronger person because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!