Thursday, May 1, 2008

Berkeley Michael-Cline Aldridge Arrives!!!!



Berkeley arrived at 9:53 AM on 4/29/08. He was 21 1/2 inches long and only 6 lbs. 11 oz (so little - at least compared to Carlie O). He was having a hard time breathing & he was accumulating air in his chest cavity so they came and picked him up and took him to Portand to a Children's hospital with a ICU. Corey is with Berkeley in Portland and Gina is in The Dalles recovering from her c-section. Berkeley is doing fine - no need to panic, but they are keeping a close eye on him and they are hopeful his lungs will seal up on their own. Gina is getting discharged early (gonna need lots of pain pills :)) from the hospital today so she can go spend time with her little boy. She only got to hold him for 5 minutes before they took little Berk away so she is super anxious to see him. Here are a few pictures of him in the hospital in Portland. If you want to see more look at the previous post - it will have more details of the birth. Please post comments so we know you were here and because we LOVE to read them!

12 comments:

  1. Yeah! I am so glad that he is here and "okay". He is adorable! I can't wait to see him not in the hospital and hooked up to machines (but aren't we glad we have such machines). I hope you keep feeling better so you can go to Portland and at least see your sweet little baby - and hopefully get to hold him soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! He is sooo adorable. Now I can't wait until my little one gets here. I still have a way to go though only 17 weeks. I am sorry that he is in the hospital and that you are unable to be with him right now. Trust me I know how that feels and it SUCKS. Just know that they are taking good care of him and he will be home before you know it:) Take care of yourself. Send all our love.
    The Done Family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's so exciting. I'm glad that he's doing alright. I hope you have a speedy recovery <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's super cute guys. I'm glad he's here and doing well. I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi mrs a i miss you the baby sure is cute.


    from ethanwray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your little boy! He is soooo cute and still bigger than Maddie. I can't believe I didn't check my email sooner. I hope he is doing well and that you can break him out soon. I know how stressful this can be, I'm praying for you and your family. Love ya and I'll call tomorrow if you need anything.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! He is SO cute and SO little! I want one...ha ha ha! Bummer that he is in the hospital but I'm sure he is in good hands and will be ok! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats!!!!! He is so cute. I need to stop looking at pics of him because it is making me want another. I totally see Scott in the first picture. The second picture looks a lot like a newborn picture that I have of Spencer before he morphed into a boy version of me. So happy to hear that you get to go to Portland. Give him lots of love from us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What a cute little guy! Glad to hear tha Gina finally gets to go to be with him. Give him loves from all of us here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina I am glad things are looking up. He is handsome and I love his name. Get some sleep and rest up. See you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your beautiful boy. We can't wait to see him in person. He is a tall little fella, but then that's just what we expected. --Turners

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mrs Aldridge miss seeing you at school the baby sure is cute.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!