Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Carlie Uh-OH!




Because life is not hard enough with a newborn, Carlie decided to have a little accident. Because the only withnesses to the accident were a 3 (Claire) and 6 (Sean) year old, we really are not sure what happened. But, we think she fell off the swing. We took her to the emergency room and she had a positive fat pad test in her right elbow according to the x-ray. That means there was a pool of blood in her elbow that could be hiding a fracture. They put a sling and splint on her and the good news is the sling makes an excellent carrying case for Carlie's Barbie and other toys. This all happened last Monday, May 19th. We went back to the orthopedic surgeon today and they took the splint off and her arm was crazy swollen. They had put the splint on WAY too tight in the emergency room. It was so sad. Anyways, they took new x-rays and he said it looks like she had a small fracture. He put a new splint on her and we go back next week to see how she is doing. He thinks it should heal well without a cast (YEAH - a 3 year old and a cast all summer - I would die). Oh, a interesting side note Carlie is now 3 feet 10 1/2 inches and 47 pounds!!! That is insane for a 3 and 1/2 year old. But, what else would your expect from her "ginormous" mother

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that she got hurt. I hope that she can go without a cast. I hope that she is ok. Got to love kids. Thank you for the comment. I remember one summer when we went to the lake, we were skiing/boogie boarding and Michelle had a cast on with a plastic bag over it. I felt bad. If I remember right that was the year your dad had to rescue me from some sea weed or something like that, that was grabbing me from in the water. I was terrified but your dad was my HERO:) I will NEVER forget that. I miss him. You were lucky to have a dad like him. I wish I had a dad like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Carlie! I hope it heals quickly. She is one tall girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry but I have to laugh. I feel your pain!!!I really do. Hope things get better soon and just think it really couldn't get much worse could it??? KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tall girls are awesome! Carly is lucky to be tall like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tall people are awesome! Carly is lucky to be tall like her mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Carlie - what a cutie! And I am crying thanks to Kristin's comment. I need to get her email address from her again so she can add me to her blog. Anyway, I am glad Carlie doesn't have to get a cast - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad it's only a small break!! When Eli was in kindergarten he broke his arm just above the growth plate in the elbow. Two sugeries & $10,000 later (thank heaven insurance paid 80%) he's good as new and has the battle scars to prove it. :o) It was good to see you Memorial Day weekend. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor thing! I'm having flashbacks of Maddi and the treadmill incident less than a week before Braxten was born...I can definitely relate! She sure is cute though (and so is that little Berkeley guy!)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!