Friday, August 15, 2008

The Pathology Report is in!

Well, I talked to my doctor's nurse today and he read me the pathology report. The tumor on the colon and small intestine were benign (not cancer) and part of the watermelon tumor is benign. BUT, part of the watermelon is a GIST tumor (gastro intestinal stroma tumor - i think that is what it stands for). This is cancer, but it was the type of cancer that my oncologist was hoping it was because it is 100% treatable. Do I know what that treatment is or anything more - NOPE. I have a big consultation appointment with my oncologist on August 26th. This is when I will know details. But, the report is really good news and I feel very relieved. I have cancer, but I feel very lucky - it could be way worse.

If it isn't obvious I am home now. I came home Wednesday afternoon after 5 nights in the hospital. I just had my staples removed today. I am seriously thinking about posting pictures of my incision before and after staples - so watch out! It won't happen today because I am sooooooo tired, in pain, drugged up, and need to take a nap.

4 comments:

  1. Oh man, Gina, you have seriously been through the ringer! Can't wait for more updates...especially those pictures! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gina, that's crazy! I am glad everything went well, and I hope you continue to have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gina - This is pseudo Aunt Sandy. I am so glad that the news was good and you are on the mend. And...I am so glad to be able to see everybody's blogs. It is so entertaining. I checked in daily with Marina looking for news and was so happy when she called. Getting the info directly from you is even better. Take care and I'll be checking in often. Your kids are beautilful and the baby's room is great!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!