Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Update on Watermelon

Well, here it is Tuesday and NO pathology report. All I have learned since the last post is they took out 1/3 of my colon! Hello - that is a lot. Today was a really bad day, I felt really nauseous and yucky. My wonderful nurse gave me some fantastic nausea medicine through my IV and I feel much better now. I finally was able to eat something sort of resembling a meal. I had veggie broth, part of a small baked potato, chocolate pudding, and juice. It was like a small little miracle for me.
Well, the plan is to be released from the hospital sometime tomorrow, but it really does depend on how I feel.
I will let you all know when I know - good or bad. Let's just pray that it is good news :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow - 1/3 of your colon, that's crazy! My mom works in the pathology dept and when I told her about your surgery Friday, she said you would probably not have the results until Wednesday. So, if it makes you feel any better, it's normal to wait this long for the report.

    Sorry about the nausea - I hate that feeling.

    Still praying over here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You sound like you're doing okay though. Don't hesitate to call if you need ANYTHING. I heard today Tim has already decided I am coming back as you. We (you and I) will just have to get together and figure things out.

    Rest and get better :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!