Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Card 2011

Here is our Christmas card this year.  I have not sent out cards in many years.  By the time I would get out of school for Christmas break I was always too busy to send out a Christmas card.  This year I am a stay-at-home mom and found the time to send cards this year.  I really wish I had gotten some professional pics this fall to use for the card, but oh well my amateur ones turned out good enough.  I just wanted to people to see my cute kids and wish them a Merry Christmas.  I also sent out a brief letter to go with the card.

  But, the best part about Christmas cards is receiving them!!!  I LOVED going to the mailbox every day and finding cards from my friends and family.  I love finding out what everyone looks like and what they have been up to.  My family & friends are sooo spread out all over and it is a great way to stay in touch (besides blogging and facebook).  I know it is kinda old fashioned, but  it is definitely one of my favorite things about Christmas.  Here is a pic of how I displayed our cards this year.  I ran out of space and was to lazy to add another line of twine and paint more clothespins so I just doubled up the cards.  It was fun to walk by and look at the cards everyday.  I took down all my Christmas decorations today, but I think I am going to keep this up for another week or two.  Next year, I definitely need to make 3 or 4 rows...so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!