Sunday, January 22, 2012

A GREAT Snow Day

 My little snowman
 my little snow bunnies

 mommy taught them well


 my cute, little snowy house


This past Tuesday I went to bed VERY disappointed because the snow forecast had changed from 5-8 inches of snow overnight to a slight chance of 1 inch of snow.  I LOVE the snow and I know I don't live in a place known for it's big storms, but dang it the weatherman had been teasing me with a BIG snowstorm.
So when I woke up to 6-7 inches of snow I was SO HAPPY...but my kids were INSANELY happy.  Not only was school cancelled they got to play in the snow for hours.  They would play outside with their friends...take off their soaking wet snow gear in the garage, come in for 45 minutes or so to warm up and play with their friends, while I dried all their clothes (all their buddies too) in the dryer, then they would get their warm-dry snow gear on again and go play in the snow once more.  They repeated this pattern ALL DAY....how fun!
Too bad the snow was all melted in gone by the next morning....oh well.  We had a GREAT day!!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment!