Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Favorite Rolls


 I got this recipe from my sister years ago and they are by far my FAVORITE roll.  I make them all the time not only due to my own bread addiction, but my whole family gobbles these rolls up.

2 Tbsp yeast
2 cups warm water (105-115 degrees F)
1/3 cup softened butter
2 tsp salt
1/3 c. + half of 1/3 c. of sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup dry milk
5-6 cups of flour
*** extra butter needed later in the recipe

Mix all ingredients (only 2 cups of flour) with a fork.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Add the rest of the flour one cup at a time.  Knead with hands. Let rise until doubled (usually 1 hour).  Punch, cut in half, roll out in a circle, coat with softened butter, cut like a pie until you have 16 pieces.  Roll like croissants.  Put on cookie sheet and let them rise again for 1 hour - 1 hour 20 minutes.  Cook at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or golden brown.  Brush rolls with melted butter.  Recipe makes 32 rolls.

WARNING:  Do not make these if you are on a diet. 
 You can't eat only one :)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!