Monday, April 23, 2012

Christmas 2011....in SERIOUSLY RANDOM order

 You are thinking, "Gee-Whiz Gina another old post?  Christmas was 4 months ago."  I say, "Yup, I am only 4 months behind - fantastic."  After looking through this post you might say, "Wow, Gina this was super random and out of order."  I will say, "Too bad....it is better than nothing" :)
 My little family at the annual Christmas Light parade in Longview.  I should have taken a picture in the beginning before they were freezing (NOTE: bring big, warm blankets next year).  I know they looked totally ticked off, but we did have a lot of fun.  The parade was super long and they had a cool tree lighting ceremony at the end.
 reindeer semi
 SANTA!!
 We didn't go with our friends, but we ran in to a bunch of them!!!
 Corey, John, Travis and cold kids
 I get to go on some of Corey's business trips with him and my AMAZING mother-in-law watches my  kiddos.  This trip was to the Alderbrook Resort & Spa on the Hood Canal in WA
Here is the website...It is definitely worth the trip!! 
   It was so beautiful and fancy.  It was especially cool because it was all decked out for Christmas.  Above is the view from my room and below...love it when there are fluffy robes to hang out in.

 They had SPECTACULAR Christmas trees all over...here is one
 Oh so pretty...this resort borders Bill Gates compound, supposedly
 this pic does not do the fireplace justice - it was huge and gorgeous
 the view on my walk while Corey was stuck in meetings
 this gingerbread house was CRAZY

 The grinch and his demon girlfriend
Carlie's gingerbread house

Carlie REALLY wanted to put the star on our tree
 the quilt I made my mother-in-law for Christmas - yes I know I am the best daughter-in-law :)



 We went out to eat at this cute little country restaurant in Castle Rock and then went to this SUPERB light show at the house below.  You tune in your radio to the music and watch a 15 minute light show....so cool - especially for a little, tiny town.

 I made a MILLION of these for my santa hat party mix.  It was the best thing I made this season.  SOOOOOOO yummy. If you want to make some go here for the directions.

 Corey eating some Mexican OCTOPUS dish..........nasty!
 I made a TON of treats for the neighbors and Corey's employees....I am crazy.  Here above is the spread for the bus drivers
 Yummy Christmas Eve dinner
 Look at these rad plate my sister in law Kim made for my kiddos!!!!
 Playing the pillow booty animal game...so FUN!!!
MAN, my sister-in-law is HOT!!  Love playing Mexican Trains with my favorite Mexicans.


The left-right game is a Christmas Eve tradition in my family that I started in my husband's family....we have now been doing it for years.
If you want to play go HERE to find out how to play.  We play all together in a BIG circle, kids and adults with cheap presents that only cost 1-3 dollars a piece.

Carlie's Christmas program at school.  She is standing next to the two tallest boys in 1st grade....he...he

Every year (or so we were told by our neighbors) a fire truck goes around the neighborhood blaring his horn followed by a float with Santa throwing candy....how cool.


1 comment:

  1. That was a LONG post but super fun! Love that plate for Santa - I need one!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!