Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Beach is My Friend


One of the things I love about where I live is how close we are to the beach.  You can check the weather in the morning and hop in the car for a fantastic day-trip with the kiddos full of fun. 
Last August my sister-in-law Kim and two of her kiddos (Adan & Andres) joined us for a day-trip to Long Beach.  The water was warm (ha...ha...but it was actually not as cold as it normally is on the Washington coast) and I Carlie spent 90% of the time in the water or rolling in the sand.  Berkeley kept trying to surf on his boogie board, threw a lot of rocks, and had fun playing with Adan.  I don't have any pics of me (oh no, how sad), but I enjoyed relaxing in my beach chair, talking with Kim, laughing at the kids, eating yummy snacks, and watching all the cars getting stuck in the sand (you can drive on the beach in WA).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!